We offer the following suggestions to help make your move much more efficient.
- You will want to inspect your storage space. The space should be of adequate size to fit your needs. If you have any questions, call Steel City Storage representative.
- Determine the packing accessories you need: bubble-wrap, tape, drop cloths, mattress and furniture covers, locks and assorted size boxes from book to wardrobe size.
- Fill all your boxes to capacity. Partially full or bulking cartons may collapse or tip during your move. Heavy items like books or tools should be packed in small boxes so they are easy to lift.
- Protect your fragile goods with packing (i.e. bubble-wrap or other), and place them near the top of your storage space.
- Label boxes. Take home a list of labeled boxes for easy reference when you need to locate your goods.
- Pack the storage space carefully. Leave air space around the perimeter to aid ventilation. This will help protect your belongings.
- Do not lean items against storage walls.
- Leave a walkway to the rear of your space for easy access.
- Use all the space available, including the height, and place frequently used goods near the door.
It only takes a few minutes to fill out Steel City Storage lease. Our representatives can help you determine what size space you will need. We rent units on a month-to-month basis so you can rent as briefly or as long as you require. Just call or email and we will be happy to take care of your storage needs.
- Security. Our storage units are constructed of the finest steel partitions, most with security-accessed entry systems. You’ll find our facilities fenced and well lit. We have resident managers to help keep a watchful eye on the premises. When you rent an Steel City Storage unit, you will be given a pass code that allows you private access.
* Because you have your own lock and key, you are the only one with access to your storage unit.
- Insurance. We recommend that you check with your insurance agent to see if your homeowners or general casualty policy covers your possessions and inventory while they’re being stored.